Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I have always felt that I was pretty aware of when a student's anxiety becomes outward since I work with small groups. But since taking this study group, I have become more conscious about how I observe students. I am constantly looking around the room during work times to try and spot those students who are having difficulty and trying to intervene before they become too upset. If I see someone becoming anxious, I can intervene before it becomes an issue. Also, I strongly feel that getting down to their eye level is very important in order to begin to make a connection with them.

I have also been thinking that it would be a good idea for me to talk and share this info with the aides that are in my classroom so that they can try and observe a student when they start to become anxious as well. This will be a good way for me to carry through on what I have learned, so that I can share it with them.

No comments: